Coach 5473 – Portland Rose

Portland Rose was built by American Car & Foundry in 1953 as #5473, configured with coach seating for 44 passengers and public restrooms at both ends. 

Renamed Portland Rose in 1990 after the train Portland Rose, which operated between Chicago and Portland, Ore. This car featured a radio, soda fountain, maid service, hairdresser, barber, valet and bath. The rose was the decorative motif for
this train. Portland Rose remaind in revenue service until 1971

In April 2022, Union Pacific officials announced that the company would donate Portland Rose to RRHMA, which plans to restore it to operating condition. Read the complete article on the Union Pacific donation here.